Estate Planning Overview
Akron Estate Planning Attorney
Time and again our clients bring us difficult problems, usually involving the long-term care of an elderly parent. These problems would have been much easier and less expensive to address if thoughtful estate planning had addressed the problem years before.
If you are ready to consider how an estate plan can help you and your family avoid problems in later years while expanding your opportunities for making the most of your retirement, contact our Akron estate planning lawyer at the Law Office of Margaret H. Kreiner in Cuyahoga Falls.
Akron Area Wills and Trusts Lawyer
Estate planning refers to the preparation of legal solutions to such problems as the following:
- What will happen to my assets when I'm gone?
- How can I best arrange long-term care for a special-needs child?
- If an accident leaves me in a coma indefinitely, how long do I need to stay in that condition?
- Will estate tax liability eat up my legacy to my children?
At the Law Office of Margaret H. Kreiner, we take a flexible and positive approach to your estate plan. We help you spot opportunities as well as avoid risks. Our attorney will tailor estate planning tools to your circumstances; for example, we can help you plan to accommodate the issues that may arise in blended families. We have been around long enough to know that one size most definitely does not fit all. We can advise you about such matters as the following:
- Wills and other basic estate planning tools, such as powers of attorney and living wills
- Advanced health care directives including Power of Attorney for Health Care and Living Will to make sure that your wishes are respected in the event of a terminal illness or permanent state of unconsciousness
- Trusts to cover a wide range of estate planning problems and objectives
- Special needs trusts designed to make sure that your loved one's access to government benefits will not be undermined by an inheritance, gift, or settlement
- Estate tax planning, including concerns regarding estate tax
- Probate and trust administration services, including providing assistance and advice on your duties as an executor or trustee
Ohio Estate Planning Law Firm
With more than 26 years of experience with estate planning and elder law issues, we know how to help our clients make the most of their resources through long-term planning for retirement, medical emergencies and the eventual transfer of assets to the next generation.
To learn more about our ability to advise and represent your interests effectively, contact our wills and trusts attorney to speak with a knowledgeable lawyer at the Law Office of Margaret H. Kreiner.